7/02/2005

One week down...

As of tomorrow (Sunday) evening I will have been in Korea for one week. This week has gone by surprisingly slowly. The other teachers assure me that it speeds up from here on out. We'll see. There is so much to learn and absorb. I'm pleased with how my friendship with some of the girls has developed. One of my roommates has been travelling a lot, so I still don't feel like I know her that well, but it will come I'm sure. I think it's good for me to learn to be real friends with non-Christians. They don't have a problem with my faith, and I feel comfortable enough talking about it with them. It was exciting for me to discover some similar tastes Tracy and I have--we're both big musical fans and can sing "Singin' in the Rain" tunes together :) The first day of classes went relatively well. I did, however, make a student cry in my first class, and had the wrong information about which lesson to prepare--oops!! And then in the second class I sent two boys to the corner. I stood my ground with them, though, and didn't give in to their pleadings to not go. Maybe that 6th grade class paid off ;) I finished the day with the adult class that had many more students than I was expecting. The whole hour was spent with them asking me questions about myself and showing them pictures. Today I slept in super late (it was good to catch up on sleep though). For lunch we had three of our Korean co-workers over for lunch. They had prepared some fabulous Korean food for us and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting and chatting with them for several hours. They stayed with us the rest of the afternoon and then we went to a Korean restaurant for dinner. This evening we are having a large party to wish three foreign teachers "goodbye" (one that I'm replacing, and the other two from a different school in town). There will be a lot of drinking, but another girl who's visiting from out of town isn't a drinker either, so we're planning to go get some coffee to drink :) Great news: I've discovered that a couple of my Korean co-workers are Christians!! I'm going with one of them to her small Baptist church tomorrow. Even though I still won't understand what's being said, at least I'll be with someone who knows who I am. I'm so thankful to know who some Sisters in Christ are. It is such an answer to prayer and a very tangible reminder of God's faithfulness.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home