5/19/2006

Weekend Report

Sorry that these are out of order. I now see that I can only do 4 pictures at a time this way. I'll do better in the future. But now I don't want to bother fixing it... Down one fork of the trail, we could go down to a little monument marking the very tip of the Korean penninsula. There are islands further South, of course, but this was as far as you can go on the mainland. So, since I've already been to the Northern border, I've been as far as you can go in either direction! :) Here's Tracy and the end of Korea: From there we went up the bazillion stairs (ok, that's an exaggeration) to the observation tower. It was a nice view. And the stairs and pathways were all through trees and stuff and you could hear the water lapping up against the rocks at the bottom. After the observation tower we stopped at a playground and messed around with a basketball, and then we began our journey Northward. Before long, however, we spotted this area that was exposed because of low-tide. We decided to cross the sea by foot and see the islands. The shallow area on either side of this temporary isthmus was populated with women digging for shellfish. I guess there was a lot to be found there, too. Yoo-Jin got lost in digging because it was so much easier to find them than it is up by Dangjin. It was crazy how all the women just stood bent over in half for hours digging. I rounded the bend on the island to find a beautiful collection of seaweed. I got way too excited about it :) And, the rest of the evening was spent driving home. Because of the highway along the West coast, it went much quicker than we expected. That was nice. Anyway, that was the weekend! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home