9/11/2005

A Blessing Called "Moon"

Sometimes people are put in your path that you just know are a gift from God and a reminder of His care for you. "Mr. Moon", a gentleman from church, is one of those. He has such a loving and friendly spirit. He's been wonderful to me since I first got here. We really connected over that song I sang a few weeks back. I know he loves Jesus- you can just tell by his joy and love for others! As you know, Jason's coming TOMORROW (and I'm MORE than a little excited!!! :-D)- Mr. Moon is opening his apartment for him to stay there, all three weeks that he's here! Then, when I had a big problem finding a way to and from the airport to pick J up, Mr. Moon went out of his way to call other people in the church who might be able to help me out- and he found someone! The whole time we were looking he could tell I was concerned and said "Don't worry, it'll be ok." He's definitely my father/uncle figure here :). The other cool thing is that the man who's my ride to the airport has never met me before, but he's doing it anyway. Gotta love the international body of Believers, looking out for each other no matter where they're from or if they know you or not. This is how it should be, anyway. This weekend I did the church thing on Saturday and hung out with friends from there for most of the day (norebang, dinner, etc). I also went to the young adults group again that night. The speaker seemed longer than usual, but part of that is because it's entirely Korean and we're sitting on the floor :). Today I went to 9:00 service for a while, and then to the library for a program I had promised to be at. This time we went out to the country again- first to make a craft out of rice straw, then to make pottery. It was a good event. However, the people there can be really pushy. Especially to us white foreigners. They don't give the Chinese or the Philippinos near as much attention. That drives me crazy. And they try to help us too much with these projects. I found myself trying to escape to be near the Chinese- they were allowed to do things on their own! Seeing the master potter work was incredible, though. All the Biblical references to God being a potter came to mind. It was soothing just to watch him work. This evening was girl time. The roommates and Jane and I went out for dinner, and shopping, and ice cream/coffee, and picked up a couple girl movies to watch. Good times. Tomorrow's work again. BUT, tomorrow's also Monday, and we know what that means! It's crazy! Jason's on his way here right now! I apologize in advance if there is a lack of blog entries in the next few weeks. I'm gonna be a little busy :).

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we both know that I've given you enough flak about guys anyway, but you seem real excited about Jason, and that's cool. Although I haven't even met the guy. And three weeks?! That's quite a while. Wish someone would've done that for me...sigh. Oh well, I was pretty fine the entire time anyway. Have a good time with him whilst he's there!

 
At 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I FORGOT MY NAME AGAIN!!

(both comments) -Ben

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home