11/20/2005

Annonymity

One difficult thing to get used to living in a foreign country is lack of annonymity.  At first, it's novel.  You're like a celebrity!  The extra attention is even enjoyable.  But after a while it can get old.  At this point I'm pretty used to it, so most days I don't even notice people staring at me, or it doesn't faze me for people to want to practice English on me.
But other days, I just wish I could put on a hat to hide my round eyes, tall nose, forehead creases and blondish hair and walk down the street unnoticed.  I wonder if this is what it feels like to be an ethnic minority in the United States...  Although, Korea is one of the most homogeneous countries in the world, so differences might be more obvious and unusual than in the States....

1 Comments:

At 10:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

annonymity is a difficult thing to achieve... unless you leave a comment on a blogger site.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home