2/26/2006

Two-thirds...

Can you believe it? I'm two-thirds of the way through my contract. Only four months left. I'm very excited that February is almost over. It went quickly, yes... but certainly not TOO quickly ;) Thankfully, this past week the weather has been much milder than it had been. It's good to save money on oil and such. I'm still quite ready for things to turn green, though. Probably not for another few weeks at least... Today was the first English service I'd been to in three weeks (one week I was in Seoul, and Benjamin was home in Kenya for the other two, so services were cancelled). It was good to see everyone again and sing our songs :) I feel bad for Pastor Moon. There have been so many changes and so many things to be organized since the new pastor came, that he has been quite busy! I had the chance to talk to one of the new pastors today- a Pastor Kim (imagine that ;) ). He's in charge of the young adults service, and apparently will be playing a role in organizing our English activities. He's really nice, but shy about using his English even though he's quite good. I think it's just getting used to talking to an American. He said I spoke very quickly! If I were explaining something to you, you'd probably ask me to speed up and not talk to you like a child! ;) He seemed to get more comfortable as I talked to him more, though. This weekend has been filled with lots of roommate activities. Friday night we went out with our co-workers for some coffee and smoothies to get to know our new teacher, Ji-young. Then us way-guks rented a few movies and watched the Legend of Zorro. Yesterday Tracy and I went out for a bit with Yoo-jin, Mi-ran and their baby boy, In-hyuk. It's funny to see how much he looks like a combination of those two. I hadn't seen him since December, so I was surprised at how big he was! Tracy and Yoo-jin even got a few smiles out of him :). After that, Tracy and I went shopping. Mostly "eye-shopping" as we've come to call it (a Konglish phrase for window shopping or browsing :) ). Looked at a lot of stores that we haven't gone in since it's been so cold. It really felt like spring :). Then watched School of Rock, then went out for dinner. After dinner we stopped at the grocery store before coming ,home to watch another movie. This time we watched a Korean one.... it was really dumb. There's just a different sense of storyline here. What we would consider the climax comes WAY before the end of the movie in most movies, it seems. This one was particularly painful. We couldn't wait for it to end. Then, after I got home from church, we went to Yofruito (a frozen yogurt/coffee/pastry place) and played Rummikub. Then we returned some videos, did some shopping, ate at a kimbop place, went to a different coffee shop and played cards, and slowly made our way home (with some stops on the way). Quite the weekend, now time for our 4 day week (we have Wednesday off, ASSSSAH!!).

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for February being over! And the nice thing about being two-thirds of the way done is that three-quarters comes so closely behind it! I got a kick out of that Yofruito name. (Yo! Fruit!) Just another funny almost-English Korean word.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home